23 Comments

1. Anyway, Grand Master Michael Storms is about Joe Rogan's age, maybe the exact same age. If you want to fight a 55 years old Isshinryu Grand Master to find out who is better, well you might be able to convince him to do it. When I knew him, he was pretty cocky, and he could back it up. He's a Marine Corps veteran and a student of Grand Master Advincula who helped found the Marine Corps combat system. His dojo is literally lined with all the trophies his students win in competition. I cannot "volunteer" him to fight, but it would be very interesting to see if you would fight him. lol. Somebody would get humbled: Me or you or him, either way it'd be a lot of fun!

2. just a correction here:

I am a long-term Isshinryu karate student (6 years) and Gracie BJJ student (1.5 years), Engineer, and also worked Quality Assurance for 2 years for Proctor and Gamble.

1) You are supposed to recalibrate any measuring instrument every time you use it, literally for every measurement you make. You cannot kick the target repeatedly without recalibrating it between strikes, because it gets worn out. It needs to be recalibrated every strike.

2) When I was at Grand Master Michael Storms Karate USA dojo in 1993, (present 9th dan and operates a newer dojo in Mandeville, LA.) I eye-witnessed him front thrust kick a 300lbs hanging water bag so hard that the bottom of it hit a 9 or 10 foot high ceiling, and he did not "run up to the bag". He kicked it from standing guard. Your guys claim a front thrust kick is not as strong as a roundhouse. My brother eye-witnessed this too along with about ten other people. HIs bag was wider but shorter than the one Joe Rogan was working out on in the other video about this.

3) I can front thrust kick a 225 pound standing water bag and make it fly about 10 feet across the dojo until it hits something solid, such as the wall at the far side of the dojo. I can "China Punch/isshinryu vertical fist punch" such a bag and make it flip over backwards pretty easily with either my Jab or my Cross punch. I'm overweight right now due to type 2 diabetes, but my ideal weight class is 185 lbs. I'm rejoining a Muay Thai gym in a few days, and may arrange to video myself doing this if they have proper equipment available.

Thanks and again I am not doing this to be insulting, but declaring one's self to be the world record holder without actually having all the facts is a bit of a stretch.