39 Comments

1. Yep I have not had a single party in my University. Good or bad I don’t know. But I feel that I should have had some. The thing is it is uncomfortable for me because of some language and cultural barriers. Indeed I love party. I’m thinking I will go back to school for fun again even I’m not young and attractive anymore 😅😅😅.

2. I went to one of the "top 10" universities and majored in math. Once I got to the higher level math classes often I was the only non-Asian in the class. It may be that Asian kids are often skilled and focused on STEM subjects and at a certain point universities feel the need to have some level of diversity in these majors.

Also a good number of the asian students got to these positions through hard work but did not have the same aptitude and understanding of the material as students, asian or non-asian, who were able to reach the same classes with a more moderate level of effort. I think colleges want to filter out some students who achieve high in math primarily through dedication as opposed to aptitude and moderate effort. When the demands become more difficult those who were already maximizing their output in high school are less likely to succeed in college where the math and science curriculum are orders of magnitude more difficult.

3. You are correct… as Melissa said, we seem to have two extremes…. A trophy for everyone and your never good enough!!! In the middle is best. In other words, work hard and rise to be the best you can be… Otherwise you’ll neurotic